Wedding planning lately has been rough for me. I am, by nature, a highly neurotic and pessimistic person so the closer to the wedding it gets, the more I have started to freak out. Since I have taken care of everything I can control, the rest I can just hope and wish for. Here is what I wish for my wedding.
- I wish that I will look good in my dress. Every time I try it on, I like it less and less. It has nothing to do with the dress, but with the person inside the dress and I'd be doing it regardless of which dress I bought. Every time I try it on I find a flaw or something I wish was different. I should have done this, wish I'd done that, shoulda woulda coulda. So on my wedding day, I wish for myself that I look in the mirror and am happy that this girl is in that dress.
- I wish that Mike shows up. I haven't been fun lately, I hope he doesn't realize the morning of that I'm not a keeper and bail.
- I wish that I want to show up. My biggest fear is that I'll wake up the morning of filled with dread rather than excitement or joy. I wish more than anything that I won't.
- I wish that everything comes together well. I planned this wedding completely on my own. It's my vision from the menus to the table runners to the shapes of the napkins. I wish that people will walk in the room and think it is modern and friendly and kitchy and us.
- I wish that everyone will think our escort cards are as funny as I do.
- I wish that I don't look mentally ill in all of our pictures.
- I wish that Mike will find some kind of emotion at the ceremony rather than fist bumping me when it's over.
- I wish that Mike will want to dance with me at least once.
- I wish that no one will make me cry sad tears.
- I wish that no one will give inappropriate toasts.
- I wish that everyone will get along, including my parents.
- I wish that I will just let go and have fun...as much as possible for me.
***UPDATE - every single thing came true. It was a perfect day and all the stress was for not.